Your support is vital in enabling The Palestinian Center for Development and Media Freedoms “MADA” to fulfil its mission: “A free and Professional Media in Palestine”.
There are many means that you can support us to help in achieving our objectives and ensure our development and sustainability:
Share our work:
MADA publishes annual, semi-annual and monthly reports, in addition to other studies that are all listed on our website or Facebook, free and easy to share with your friends and networks (http://www.madacenter.org/).
Visit our office:
Consulates and Representative office, international NGOs , can arrange their official delegation to visit o MADA, we will brief them about freedom of expression situation in Palestine.
Send letters to all concerned parties demanding for active steps to stop violations against media freedoms and journalists.
MADA is equivalent to a U.S. public organization, after it was granted ED certificate last year from the NGOsource.
We accept all types of unconditional donations including:
That covers basic “core” organizational and administrative costs and activities, part of its activities, its participation in regional, international workshops and conferences and its participation in the Human Rights Council.
Funding one of MADA’s projects:
- The legal assistance
- The study unit
- Intellectual property protection
- Access to information
- MADA Media magazine
- Media literacy
Your support will contribute in enhancing freedom of expression and media development in Palestine.
For more information about supporting MADA please Contact:
Outreach officer: Razan Namari/ mada@madacenter .org
General Director: Mousa Rimawi/ firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please read MADA impact during the past 10 years).
Beginning : 1/10/2016
End : 30/9/2018
Amount : 193,000$
Donor : Open Society Foundations (OSF)
: Countering hate speech in PalestineEntile
Start date: 1/8/2018
Budget: 34.985 $
Donor: Unesco/ International Programme for the Development of Communication.
Entile: A step forward towards enhancing freedom of expression in Palestine
start date: 1/1/2018
Donor: European Union
Budget: € 498.500
Entile: "Women Journalists, first, towards professional journalists & reducing gender stereotyping "
Start date: 01/06/2017
Amount: € 45.000
Donor: Representative Office of Finland-Ramallah
Entitled: Combating self-censorship and protecting digital Rights in Palestine
Start Date: 01/04/2017
End Date: 31/03/2018
Amount: € 49,700
Donor: European Endowment for Democracy
Enitled: International Advocacy
Start Date: 01/04/2017
End Date: 01/04/2018
Donor: The Global Network Defending and promoting free expression (IFEX)
MADA’s international memberships
- MADA was granted a special consultative status at the ECOSOC in April 2016.
- MADA is a member of the Palestinian Nongovernmental Organizations Network (PNGO) and a local coalition, the Arabic Network for Freedom of Information (AFOINET)
- World Association of Newspapers and News Publishers (WANOIFRA)
- The civil forum to enhance wise governance in the security sector in Palestine
- MADA is the founder of the Coalition to Defend Freedom of Expression
- MADA is the only Palestinian member of the International Freedom of Expression Exchange (IFEX) and was elected to its council in June 2011.
- MADA became a member of the Anna Lindh Foundation on April 15th 2013
- MADA became a member of the Freedom of Information Advocates Network (FOIA net) on December 11th 2013
- MADA is a member of the Press Emblem Campaign (PEC) in Switzerland and awarded a PEC prize in June 2009 for its role in defending Palestinian journalists.
- Global Forum for Media Development (GFMD)
- Ethical Journalism Network (EJN)
- Member of The Community of Democracies Working Group on Promoting Freedom of Opinion and Expression.